Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm bein' spon-tan-u-ous

Right now I'm listening to "My Beautiful Rescue" by This Providence. It's pretty much fanfreakingtastic. It's the kind of song that you just hear and you automatically start swaying and wish you had a bunch of people to sway with you. Or at least, I do.

Today I want to talk about spoontaneity. This is of course my personal hybrid word composed of of spooning and spontaneity. As Miley Cyrus says in her hit "Nobody's Perfect," "it might be crazy; I'll do it anyways!" There's something to be said for running headlong into something and throwing the humdrum ordinary things to the wind a little bit. Only you don't have to do something super crazy to make something exciting!

How the heck does spontaneity relate to spooning at all? Mix it up people! If you've been spooning with somebody for a while, switch it up a little. Keep your fave utensil on their shiny metal metaphorical toes. Grab your spoon's hand and take them somewhere new. Never spooned outside? Go for it! Never switched big and little spoon? Turn yo'selves over! (Although I know some people are strongly biased one way or the ever. I'll admit it - I am, too. But mixing it up sometimes can be fun!) Never tried the warlock? Grab that hand, you crazy spoon, you! Never played with your utensil's hair before? Get to playing! So your handhold ends up being awkward or something, or your reversal of your usual spooning positions ends up sucking? Let's go back to the sage wisdom of Miss Miley Cyrus, "Nobody's perfect, I've got to work it...nobody's perfect, you live and you learn it!" Change it again. Optimal spooning is a process, not a destination people.

So try mixing it up - you just might like it!

I know it sounds like a little thing, but spooning is all about the little things. God is in the details, people. Or in this case, utter bliss is in the details!

I'm sure some of you are wondering about the title of today's post, "I'm bein' spon-tan-u-ous." It is a quote from the cinematic gem Happy Feet, which though it features penguins as so many movies have recently and has a far fetched premise that penguins could save themselves from starvation by tapdancing, is a great film to enjoy with small children, watch when you need cheering up, or put on with your special spoon if you're not just platonic spoons and make out while watching, not unlike Transformers. Happy Feet happens to be one of my personal favorite movies. I actually have a Mumble plushy that says "I'm bein' spon-tan-u-ous." It inspires me.

Heck yes.

Happy spooning!

No comments:

Post a Comment